Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Highlights

I liked reading the best and worst of Sam and Charlie’s trip around Europe, so I decided I’d write some of my own, but I’m just going to do the bests (these are recent):

- Being complimented on my Spanish that is improving everyday, and sometimes feeling like I’m fluent.

- Being in the house with just my brothers because we: eat however and whatever we want to (we often have cereal with yogurt and nesquik chocolate powder. It’s actually pretty good. Axel ending up putting a lot of other things into his bowl-nuts, sugar, milk, and more chocolate – kind of gross, but whatever, I did not care), banging pots and pans as loud as we can, singing, jumping on the beds, blasting my iPod with the same Eminem song on repeat, hearing them read English out loud, and many more I can’t think of right now.

- Shopping with Paula and getting really good deals since everything is 50% off after the holidays.

- Having no economy class for a week because the teacher doesn’t show up.

- Helping people with English and feeling bilingual.

- Not having to take the retests for failing classes (well, besides Lengua) while other people have to.

- Sleeping on fresh, ironed sheets.

- Beltran picking his nose with 2 fingers at the same time.

- Listening to Spanish music and understanding it. I remember I used to just hear bla bla bla blaa blaaaaa.

- Walking not too far from my house and seeing roosters roam people’s ‘yards’.

- Telling myself that I’m living on a Spanish Island in the Atlantic Ocean off of the coast of Africa.

- Seeing palm trees, a beach, an ocean and Tenerife in the distance, which has snow on the top of the mountain all in the same sight.

- Seeing weird shirts that have English on them. One classmate had a shirt that only had words on the front. It read:
HIP HOP!
The Sound I
Just Can’t.
That was it, nothing on the back, no small print, just some random phrase that doesn’t make sense.

Okay well the list is constantly growing, but I felt I should end sometime and post another blog since I haven’t for a bit.

3 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

here, i'll write your list of lowlights: not being with laura, not getting to see laura everyday, aaaaand, not being with laura. well, i think it's a pretty complete list. SEE ya
~laura

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martha, you have seen & learned sooo much in your almost 17 years. I am envious and will never be bi-lingual. Great to know your many "highs". John & I are in Venice now. The weather is almost as nice as La Palma. Love, Manor

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

laura you forgot not seeing cara with laura, not being annoyed by cara, not seeing the ant video everyday, not haveing meredith wake you up (martha-wake up maarrrrrrtha *imagine a high pitched persistant icky voice), annnnnd not being with laura and cara....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home