Sports, Cards, and Poop
On Monday afternoon I went to my mom’s optical store to give her something, and then continued on my own through the town, eventually making my way to my sister’s private English lesson on the other side of town. I stopped in a variety of shops: jewelry, shoes and clothing stores are everywhere. I was looking for another pair of spandex pants to wear for gym, and bought a pair of pinkish/orange pants that are super hot. Jumpsuits (wearing clothes all the same color) are popular, and it turns out my fav shirt is the same color as these pants, so I’m all set.
I ran into some friends and asked them where this school is that my sister takes classes. They told me to walk up the street we were on, and then take a left….well I did that and ended up not being able to find it. I wasn’t really lost, I could find my way home, I just wasn’t able to find the school. I found my friends again, and called Francisca to let her know. I later met up with her and watched her basketball practice.
The next day our whole family went out for lunch because we couldn’t eat at home. We are having a dishwasher installed where our sink was, so we have no water and the kitchen is useless for the next few days. At the restaurant I ate fried calamari and mini octopus. It was sooo good! I’ve had really good fish here…I wonder why!?
On Wednesday in my gym class (wearing my pinkish/orange jumpsuit – hah) I told one friend all about rugby. She was impressed, and invited me to do Atletismo (like track) with her. I went that night to a stadium higher up on the island and we did a bunch of different exercises. It was very laid back, there were only about 8 kids from age 12-17. We did a mini pole vault, high jumping, mini hurdles, and played some games. It felt good to get exercise and run around. Oh and another thing: I´m going to start sailing November 1st!
I taught my bro, Axel, how to play some card games. He didn’t want to stop playing and wants me to teach him how to shuffle really fast. He loves me.
On Thursday I woke up really sore, especially my arms and shoulders from throwing a medicine ball in Atletismo. I need a hot tub and a massage…
Like I said before, we don’t have any water to use in our house, which means we can’t use the toilets. Well, I had to go #2 and I wasn’t going to just let it sit in the toilet like my brothers did. (was just asked to play cards..haha) So I asked my sister where I should release, and she told me to go buy some gum at Cuenta Cuento (mini bar/restaurant really close to my house) and ask for the bano. So I went there, bought my Orbit gum and went to the bathroom. Too bad I didn’t know which was the men’s or womens since on the doors it read Duendes and Ninfas….I went with Duendes. (later I looked up and duendes=elves, ninfas=nymph) I was hoping there wouldn’t be anyone waiting outside when I was done…well I had bad luck. Two teenage boys, one who is in my class, were standing outside and gave me confused looks. I simply pointed to the signs on the doors and said “no entiendo nada” (I don’t understand anything). “Crap” was what I was thinking in my head as I left…
Well I’m gonna go kick some butt in the next 10000 card games I’m about to play.
12 Comments:
martha!
sounds like your finding your way around town. hey dont worry about messing up with the whole bathroom thing b/c i've done it when i went on my trip. just my luck there were two guys using the urinal. it happens to the best of us! i hope your having a ton of fun miss ya tons!!!!!
Martha, your blogs are just awesome to read.
Keep em up
Martha, this is really dad (you know it wasn't me answering your blog at 3:24 -- but mom "demonstrating" her new blog tutorial...) I think you'll definitely be able to clean Axel out of his weekly allowance once you teach him a little high stakes poker. The boys in class probably already know you're a force to be reckoned with so what the hell, eh?. Thanks for the best chuckles in a long time; keep exploring your way through La Palma. xoxo dad
are there good leaves on the island? cuz then you could always go out into the woods, pop a squat, and do a good ol' NOLS poop
Martha, I bet you'll never forget the Spanish for "elves" and "nymphs". Glad you aren't shy! You never cease to amaze and amuse me. Love, Manor
hahaha, i laughed when i read of your encounters with those elves and nymphs. wish i would have been there to share the good times. post pictures dammit! my friend katie (not red haired one) says hi and that you are funny. alright, hasta luego! ~laura
Martha,
When you do get around to posting photos, please remember to visit the places you have told us about and let us relive the memories. We need a photo of the jumpsuits, a photos of the "Altisme" activities, maybe you playing poker with your stacks and stacks of chips/dinero piled high, and PLEASE, a photo of the bathroom door signs!
We are laughing with and loving your blobs, oh, I mean BLOGS.
Martha-you and your poops...lol many good times lets see that awes poop on sea kayaking after the big 15-er and steve paddling up next to us telling us about the hook...when laura went to the nurse to get oyu laxatives...when soph pooped at council fire...on 10 day canadian when we ate blueberries while we were pooping off that log (what a chaffer!) and even tho this didnt involve you pooping you cant forget when laura pooped and then wiped with a pinecone!!!!
xoxo-lil loon #2
OMG and how could we forget the planting of the fake poop on canadian #2-MARTHA IF THAT POOP TOUCHES ME ILL PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE....hey! wait a second....THATS NOT A REAL POOP ITS A PHONY MARTHAS A PHONEY!
XOXO-LIL LOON #2
Hey Martha- Sounds like your having a blast...pooping in mens bathrooms and all. Since when were they called elves and nymphs? hmmm...anyways just wanted to say hey.
So, hoping that nobody will ever understand what my nickname means (well I guess you do Martha!), I gotta tell you that poop is all around the world. Poop stories are the best, and we know that right?! We spent a year talking about poop, pooping, poopers, poopienators, poopsters and who knows what else, so you better teach your family what poop means. And then ask them if they understand "cacca".
Lots of poop for you
Some crazy italian (haha you-know-who)
Martha, you must be having a blast! However, I think you may have intentionally wanted to create some turmoil in the poop incident - don't you think ninfas might just be slightly more feminine than duendes?
Post a Comment
<< Home