Funny Disasters
One day I was talking to Nina and I told her how there is a toilet and a urinal in both of the bathrooms in my house. She said that in her bathrooms there is a toilet and a device that cleans your butt. I was amused by this, and thought to myself, hmm, maybe it isn’t a urinal in my bathrooms; maybe it’s a butt cleaner! So later I asked my mom what the mysterious 2nd ‘toilet’ does. Turns out, it is the butt cleaner (there is a real word for it, but I don’t remember what it is). So I decided I’d see how it worked.
I turned on the water, but only got a disappointing and slow dribble out of the back of the bowl. There was a 3rd knob besides the hot and cold knobs, so I decided to turn that to see what would happen when I’d turn on the water. This time I turned it on a lot more because I didn’t want another dribble. My face was pretty close to the bowl, which was such a dumb idea. The 3rd knob that I turned made the water shoot out of a mini fountain that was directly below my face. I was soaked and happened to be wearing a white shirt that day, too. I was laughing out loud by myself, and I wanted to go tell my sister what had just happened, but she was with her boyfriend in her room. I didn’t feel like going in my see-through shirt and embarrassing myself telling them that I had just tried to use the butt cleaner and totally failed.
Another day, I went upstairs to go to my room and in the tiled hallway there was soapy water slowly coming from the little laundry room. At first I laughed, but then quickly called to Fransisca to come upstairs. I’m not exactly sure why, but all of the water from the laundry machine (which was a LOT) formed a river in the hallway and a lake in the laundry room. Luckily each bedroom is about 2 inches higher than the hallway, so the water wasn’t doing any harm. My sister was freaking out, but nothing was being ruined, I mean there was water all over, but there was nothing wooden that was wet. I was running and sliding and having fun in the wet hallway, but she didn’t think it was very funny…oops! So after my fun we took a bunch of sheets and beach towels to dry it up. Afterwards, our bare feet were really clean and smelled super good.
Okay these aren’t funny disasters, but keep reading anyways…
So yesterday for lunch we had rice and calamari, and well it was pretty good. It was cooked plain (not fatty and fried…) but I put some mysterious green sauce on it, which was delish. Once again my bros refused to eat it, so they just had plain rice with loads of…guess what…KETCHUP!
My economy exam was way easier than I thought it’d be. It was just 8 simple questions/define this word and I feel confident that I got at least half of them correct (which means I probably passed!)
Today I had a quiz in psychology, it was on the nervous system (impossible…) Yesterday, I was studying so hard for it that I was sweating, my skin was changing colors and my body started to heat up. I had to put on my OWN swimsuit (not my mom’s) to try and cool down. It was tough tanning, oops-I mean “studying” on my roof under the sun with my sunglasses and swimsuit on and my psych book in my newly tanned lap! I think it was 90+ degrees.
11 Comments:
It's a bidet! I used to be terrified of the one in my grandmother's bathroom.
Lis
Lots of laughs again. CDB told me once that he used the bidet to do his laundry when he was in Europe at age 19. You are really going to be tan like the others on the islands when you return. Saw Britt & Mike yesterday. Britt is doing well and so are the babies, 2 boys and a girl! So exciting! Love, Manor
yea, it's a bidet (bid-AY). but that's french, right sukey?
don't know the spanish word, if there is one.
if you ever have a hard time getting up in the morning, just sit over that thing with the water on COLD.
now THAT will put some pep in your step!
have your english teacher call uncle peter if there are any more grammar issues...
lots of love,
em
you've done more than I ever have with a bidet. my family uses theirs to hold dirty towels.
i have a bathroom disaster story from spain, too -- one time, i was walking towards the bathroom cuz i had to go when some girl said "carla ya esta." i had no idea what she was saying, so i kept walking towards the bathroom door. after opening up the door upon some girl zipping up her pants, i immediately realized what "ella ya esta" meant.
haha. oops.
Martha--I just joined in yours and Sam's blogs--whole family is raving about your adventures. Isn't it funny that we Americans have an angle on every appliance known to man but not the bidet? All is well in Colorado...Jake and Katie working and going to school and each living in Fort Collins. Katie will work at Copper again this winter being a snowboarding bum. Jake works full time and has a full time class schedule--I rarely see him! Have fun--I'll try to read up on your fun now and then. Sara
Ahahahahahaha!!! Martha, are you sure you don't want to be a writer when you grow up? You could type comedies on your laptop while reclining in a hamoc by la orilla hermosa. I have my own funny bidet story. When I was in sixth grade, I went on a trip to Spain with some other students and teachers from my school, and I asked one of the teachers what that other thing in our bathroom was. He was too embarrassed to tell us what its real purpose was, so he told us it was a foot washer. Of course I was about to wash my feet in it as soon as I got back to the room, when my roommate's mom happened to call and he told her and ran in to stop me from making a hilarious mistake! Good guy...anyway, I'm impressed that you managed to get the bidet water all over you--that's classy. :-)
hey marf,
that is adventurous of you to give the bidet a try. i sure never did. i wish i could sit outside in 90 degree weather...it is supposed to get into the 30s in chicago this week. :(
love, love, love!
sukey
hahahahaa, only you martha only you. well, maybe me too. sounds like tons of fun to me! man, i wish i had a bidet in my bathroom, sounds pretty nice if ya ask me! check ya later
~laura
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.nps.gov/apis/campsite/cstoc21.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.nps.gov/apis/campsite/cstoc21.htm&h=353&w=500&sz=50&tbnid=qRuAazOAU5IJ:&tbnh=89&tbnw=127&hl=en&start=9&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dstockton%2Bisland%2Bapostle%2Bislands%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG
look familiar?!
xoxo-rosemary's grandaughter
We just learned about bidet's in french class! Only you martha brummit... only you
Post a Comment
<< Home