A Day in the Life of “Marrta Brroomeet”
I’ve been here for a month and have developed a basic daily routine, so here is what happens on a typical day:
On a school day, I get out of bed at 7:30 and eat breakfast. I either have Golden Grahams or Fitness cereal with some fruit. When I walk to school, most days (non-cloudy) I get to see an amazing sunrise. I leave at 8:00, and sometimes I hear the bell ring when I’m still in my house. But like I said in other blogs, my school is very laid back, and the teachers are never there in the room right at 8:00. In fact, one time my first hour economy teacher showed up 20 minutes late.
After school I come home and eat lunch, which is the main meal. I eat a lot at lunch because at school I only eat a small snack that I bring. For lunch we usually eat pasta or a rice dish with fresh bread and fruit for dessert. Today was the first time we didn’t fruit for dessert: store bought cups of chocolate pudding. It was a big deal! Each member of the family has a day where they have to clear the table, but usually my mom ends up taking over and insists on doing it her self. After resting for about an hour, both of my parents go back to work.
During afternoons I do anywhere from nothing to 2 hours of homework/studying. There are no worksheets or essays to help review the material in class. You’re on your own, so usually for homework I look over notes or things in the book. I have an economy test next Thursday, and will have to study a ton for that… Atletismo is 4 days a week and when I start sailing in November, I think I will be pretty busy. Also, my mom told me that I can take scuba diving lessons and get certified. I’m definitely going to look into doing that!
At night, my brothers go to the Plaza just down the street in front of my school to play with the other kids there. They come back at 8:30, which is about when my mom returns from work (sells glasses/sunglasses) and her walk/run, and I go on mine. My sister usually has basketball practice or private English lessons, and sometimes I walk with her there or meet her when she’s done. My dad comes home from work (director of a hotel) around 10-11.
For dinner we eat something simple around 9:30 such as sandwiches or salad. As soon as we’re finished eating, my brothers are supposed to go brush their teeth and go straight to bed, but that rarely happens. They do just about anything to avoid going to bed. When they finally make it up to their room, the two of them find something to do to attract attention and get their parents to come upstairs. The best things they’ve done so far is: run naked up and down the hallway and on the porch outside and hide in my sisters room waiting for her to come in, or another time they took out all of the sheets and blankets from their beds and my pillows to make a fort with their bunk bed. It’s fun having little twin brothers.
This isn’t a part of my daily routine, but I think I joined a choir at school. I’m not really sure what it is, but I went to a meeting last week with a friend, Raquel. It is some kind of musical group, I don’t really know since I didn’t understand the meeting. Tonight I’m going to the school at 8:00 for it, and I will be sure to keep you updated on what it’s like.
6 Comments:
marty-thats so cool that you dont have to go to school strictly at 8! you need to put pics on of you sailing and scuba diving and i wanna see pics of this paradise! (well second paradise come on you know ure #1 paradise is in club spin with alex walking aorund naked and me annoying you and sophie sweeping....anyway yeah i miss talking to you man
xoxo-lil loon #2
it's really fun to hear about the details of your days/nites, martha. you eating any unusual fruit on your golden grahams? and, scuba diving?! fantastico!
xoxo mom
i think it's hilarious how do you dont know if you joined choir or not haha, or when you dont know if you have homework or not. hahaha, keep it up!
~lp
PICTURES..... STAT
that'd be pretty amazing if you could learn how to do a life-threatening sport (SCUBA) in a foreign language. respirar = to breathe, sofocar = to suffocate. hope that helps. (jaja solo embromando). seriously, you should definitely do SCUBA. I can't even imagine the awesome dives you could do around there.
Are the notes you take in class in English?
Let us know what kind of music you sing in the choir or whatever it turns out to be. It must be interesting living with so many mysteries. Your brothers sound like real scamps. Keep up the blogs! Love, Manor
Post a Comment
<< Home