Beach!
In economy, our teacher read aloud everyone’s grade they earned on the test. I was the last to be announced, and I didn’t hear what she said. I asked the girl sitting next to me what I earned, and she said 3.25 (out of 10. An 8 is like an A) I was really shocked, I was sure I had gotten at least a 5 (passing). I started to feel crappy, and didn’t want to even look at the test, but I went up anyways when she called my name to review it. There were only a few things marked, and I was thinking how the heck is this a 3.25. Turns out I got a 6.25. (three=tres, six=seis…sound the same). I was sooo relieved!
In Lengua, we are practicing the use of verbs and conjugating them. It is hard for the students in my class to do, and for me it’s practically impossible…But it will really help my Spanish, so that is good.
Today (Saturday) was a tough day. I first went to atletismo and it was super hot and sunny. When I came home, nobody was here, and I didn’t have my key. I first went to my moms store which isn’t too far, but she wasn’t there. I came back, and the old lady neighbor started mumbling to me, I just smiled, nodded, and mumbled something back. I then decided to walk around the town, see if I could find someone who has my sister’s cell phone number (since I only know my home phone number). After walking around for 10 minutes, I ran into my mom and brother eating tapas. From now on I’ll bring my key with me everywhere!
For the afternoon I could have gone to another party up in the woods, but I just didn’t feel like going. I have been anxious to go to the beach since I cant believe ive been here for over a month and haven’t been yet! So I decided to skip the party, and go to the beach, which I was later sooo glad that I chose to do.
The black sand was hot, but not unbearably hot. I right away went into the ocean since I was super sweaty from atletismo. I chuckled when I walked into the water thinking: here I am on an island off the coast of Africa in October, and im swimming in the ocean with a black sanded beach. Hah! It was such a good feeling.
The beach we went to was right by my dad’s hotel, and also other resorts so there were some tourists at the beach. I heard German, English and Spanish and saw little topless girls and also old topless woman. After lying in the sun for a bit, I went snorkeling. I saw a bunch of fish, some navy blue with neon blue fins, other colorful orange and green fish and also crabs. I could have snorkeled for hours, but we left because the sun was behind clouds and my mom was cold. I can’t wait to go back to the beach again, I loved it!
Tonight I’m going out, and afterwards sleeping over at a friends house. This upcoming week there is no school on Tuesday, and in Friday during class while there was no teacher everyone started talking about who is going to come on Monday. One kid said raise your hand if you’re going to skip Monday, and everyone but 4 or 5 kids raised their hands…so maybe I’ll have a 4 day weekend!!
4 Comments:
Another great blog! You are learning so much and coping so well with all the problems! If I ever get to the Canary Islands I want to snorkle off a black sand beach. Have a great weekend off! Your school sounds very relaxed. Love, Manor
Martha-
It's Tuesday morning as I write this, I wonder if you were in school yesterday... you're such a rebel if you weren't!! Do you remember where you were 2 years ago today? I'll give you a hint, you were wearing a long red dress... I'm loving your blog, have a great (short) week! Love, Lib
ooh - black sandy beaches! that sounds awesome. martha - your pictures are great. what a cute family!!
xoxo, sukey
(p.s. happy anniversary to lib!!)
:)
omg omg omg.....marthanio!!! whats crackin chicka? well i miss you so much and havent tlaked to you at all! so please e mail me so we can catch up....i just sent you one,,,but i was weird and i dont know if it went through....and i dont have your address so its kindda hard,,,mine is benhamoo@hotmail.com you betetr e mail me soon cause i need to talk to you.....umm yea i saw the cutest pics ever from our isle royal trip the other day and almost cried looking at them. i listen to your cd as often as i can so i think of you all the time....cant wait to see you in the summer....cause its gonna be fucking crazy!!!!!! love always and forever...email me bitch~soph`
Post a Comment
<< Home