Sunday, September 18, 2005

Finally Here!

I´ve finally made it to La Palma, and everything is going well. I had 3 days of orientation in Madrid-we walked a lot, and listened to a lot of boring stuff of what to expect all in spanish. My family is great-very welcoming and nice and glad to have me here.

When I arrived at the airport in La Palma, I could see my parents and sister through a window, but had to wait for my bags to come. Both of the parents speak english pretty well, but I told them that i need to learn spanish. It is nice to be able to ask if I don´t understand, though.

Last night, Fransisca (15 year old sister) and I went to the main street where she introduced me to a bunch of her friends. They were really fun and talked to me a lot, asking me a ton of questions.

I have a great view from my bedroom window of old buildings and also the ocean. The house is really old, and there is a big porch on top, on the roof where the laundry dries. I´m going to go take a nap now because I´m exhausted.

2 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope everything is going well for you. i'm glad that your family is amazing. we all miss you.

Salma

 
At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An ocean view .... do you know how to pick the place to live for a year or what??? LUCKY!

Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home